One of the best draws when vacationing to Winter Park during the winter months is snow and fun. Staying in one of our Winter Park rentals will allow you and your family to stay close to where the fun is at!
But what if you can't get lift tickets for the slopes? They may already be sold out for your week!
Never fear, in typical 2020 fashion, this year has given us all a chance to try something new, there plenty of things to do in Winter Park without a lift ticket. We have compiled a list of some of the fun activities that your family can experience here in Winter Park on your next stay!
Activities with Snow in Winter Park (Aside from Skiing)
- Tubing - Tubing is a great way to have a good time on the slopes but not have to worry about that lift ticket. Check out the Colorado Adventure Park
- Snowshoe - If youâve ever seen Snowshoes in movies, we can tell you they are a fun way to explore the area. Trails that are groomed and easy for all to enjoy at the YMCA of the Rockies
- Ice Skating - There are several different locations around Winter Park where you can go lace up some skates and glide around that rink. Get more information on where to enjoy this outdoor adventure.
- Snowmobile Fun - Another great option where your family can enjoy a little adventure is trying out snowmobiling. Most trails are located near Grand Lake - a short scenic drive away but worth it for the magnificent mountain views.
- Sleigh Rides - Just like the song lyrics Dashing through the snow, you will be able to do the same. Several locations around Winter Park will allow your family to experience a sleigh ride like no other.
- Cross-Country Skiing - If you have your heart set on skiing, then give Cross-Country skiing a try. You will still be able to ski without having a lift ticket to the top of the mountain and enjoy an experience without waiting in lift lines and the peace and quiet of the national forest.
- Bowling - Why not? Get out of the cold for a bit and head indoors for a friendly game or two of bowling. Reservations are required for The Foundry in Winter Park.
- Fat Biking - This is an activity that everyone will love! You can go biking on the snow using bikes that have fat tires. Explore nearby trails in the forest or at Devilâs Thumb Ranch.
- Winter Horseback Riding - Enjoy a great summer activity in the winter - same fun but a different view in the forest. Family friendly with children's pony rides to go along with the adult trail rides.
Things to Do in Winter Park Without Snow
Vacationing to Winter Park when there is no snow on the ground can be just as fun and exciting. Of course, some of these are seasonal. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to white water raft in the dead of winter. (Or do you?)
- Biking - Winter Park is known to many as the Mountain Bike Capital USA, and we'd have to agree! There are several places where you can explore the mountain in the area.
- White Water Rafting - White Water Rafting is something that the whole family can do together as you go on a new adventure down the river. Mad Adventures is our local company for the best action on the water - just check out the pictures!
- Golf - If you have someone in the family who loves to play golf, then have no fear as you can golf while having beautiful views in the background! There are 4 courses within 40 minutes of your Stay Winter Park accommodations.
- Horseback Riding - Think of the memories you will have when you explore Winter Park on a western horseback adventure. Rusty Spurr Ranch offers an authentic western experience for mild to wild. Another activity that gets you close to the western adventure is local Saturday night rodeos - BBQ dinner, mutton bustin and the main features of roping, buckin broncos and bulls.
- Hiking - Hiking the Rocky Mountains National Park can be the thrill of it all when you are visiting Winter Park. Be sure to bring your hiking boots as you will want to spend plenty of time on the trails.
- Hot Air Ballooning - Another great option you will have to choose from is taking a Hot Air Balloon ride. This would be perfect for that romantic getaway or a once in a lifetime experience!
- Fishing - Come to the mountains to catch your prize-winning trout from one of the local lakes or rivers in the area.
- Alpine Slide & More - Head on over to Winter Park Resort, where you and the family can enjoy some family-friendly fun.
There are many other things that you can do in the Winter Park area, but we wanted to share these with you. If you haven't booked your next vacation to stay with us in Winter Park, now is the time. We hope to see you and your family as you explore the area on your next adventure to Winter Park!