- The Winter Park Resort was the brainchild of Denver’s manager of Parks and Recreation, George Cranmer, and was created to provide a “winter park” for the residents of Denver.
- With the help of some enthusiastic volunteers, Winter Park Resort fired up its first rope tow with a $1 lift ticket in 1939.
- Since that modest beginning, the resort has steadily morphed into one of the top ten ski resorts in the United States.
- The wilder side of Winter Park Resort emerged in 1975 when the rowdy Mary Jane Mountain opened. Revered for big bumps, deep chutes, tight glades and steep pitches, “the Jane” has earned cult-like status for her feisty attributes and ego-humbling terrain. Consistently ranked #1 for moguls in North America by Skiing Magazine, Mary Jane is fiercely loved and defended by legions of bump skiers and riders.
- In steady succession, additional sections of the mountain opened including Mary Jane’s backside, Vasquez Ridge, Parsenn Bowl and, in 1997, Vasquez Cirque.
- The Eagle Wind was new in the past couple of years and offers the out-of-bounds feeling within the ski resort’s boundaries; this area has great glades and tree runs.
- Today, Winter Park Resort boasts 21 lifts serving 166 trails spread over more than 3,081 acres across seven territories, so you can really seize the seven.
- Winter Park Ski Resort’s first and ongoing claim to fame is consistently abundant snowfall.
- Averaging 30 feet of snow annually entitles the resort to the coveted title of “most snow of any major Colorado resort.”
- After all these years and all those powder days it is no surprise that Winter Park Resort is still known throughout the state and beyond as “Colorado’s Favorite™.”
- With great Winter Park rentals to suit your every need and desire to be close to the resort, we hope you’ll add StayWinterPark to your favorite’s list of all things Colorado.
- Winter Park Resort is the perfect playground that is closest to the Denver metro area, just 67 miles away, Winter Park, Colorado is a magnet for outdoor enthusiasts.
- $30 million in updates for the season including an new 10-person gondola, refurbished base plaza area and updating the snow making system.
- New logo and branding – This vision to incorporate the Winter Park Resort and town of Winter Park.
- Ownership and management of the resort under Alterrra Mountain Company, headquartered in Denver.
- Ikon pass – one pass for 23 destinations.
Ski + Ride School:
Sharpen your skills, learn to ski for the first time or learn how to take on some moguls. Winter Park Resort’s Ski + Ride School operates at the Winter Park territory and offers lessons for all ages and skill levels. Choose from half-day lessons, private lessons, camps, programs and more. Kid’s programs are open to children ages 3-14. Platinum Tracks Sessions are designed for intermediate skiers age 50 and up. These sessions can help skiers warm up for the season and meet people who enjoy the same hobbies. Various packages and lessons are also available for adults.
To register at the Ski + Ride School, book a lesson online or over the phone up until the night before. Registration is also available the day of if space is available. Pre-book more than seven days in advance for discounts.
Winter Park Ski Rentals:
Rent ski and snowboard equipment from StayWinterPark’s preferred partner, Beavers Sport Shop. Many different packages are available for skis and snowboards depending on your skill level and preferences – sport, performance, high performance or demo. Accessory rentals include helmets, poles, goggles, jackets and pants. Beavers Sport Shop has 3 locations in Winter Park to best serve your needs and since you only pay for the days you use, pick up your gear anytime the day prior to your first day of skiing!
After a long day of activity, sit down to a delicious meal at one of the many dining options Winter Park Resort has to offer. From soups to crepes and ales to tea, there are many restaurants in the Village at Winter Park Resort as well as on the mountain. There are bars and pubs along with family-friendly restaurants. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack, food to go or a hearty meal, there’s something to satisfy all taste buds at Winter Park Resort.
Winter Park Resort features many other activities to partake in, along with its dining options and our Winter Park Resort Lodging. Guests and visitors can choose from activities such as ice-skating in the Village, tubing at the Coca-Cola Tube Park and experiencing a dog sled ride just to name a few. There are also warm-weather activities such as guided hikes, climbing wall and mountain biking. No matter what season, you’ll never be bored at Winter Park Resort.
The resort is also a great destination for all types of groups and functions from family reunions to corporate retreats. Winter Park Resort offers numerous amenities and discounts for groups. Various venues can also be rented out to accommodate a few or hundreds of guests. For a truly unique experience, you can even have your mountain-top wedding at the resort!