What Are the Best Things to Do in Winter Park, Colorado?
If you’re searching for fun things to do in Winter Park, Colorado, you’ve come to the right place! StayWinterPark is your go-to guide for local activities and events. Below you’ll find our favorite seasonal and year-round adventures as well as a list of dining options and concierge services. Whether you’re planning a family vacation or a romantic couple’s retreat, StayWinterPark will help you create the ultimate getaway. Read on to find out how you can make the most of your trip!
Free Vacation Guide: For a complete list of things to do in Winter Park, CO, explore our complimentary Vacation Guide! Learn more about the best outdoor adventures, annual events, restaurants and more. Get yours now!
Top Things to Do in Winter Park, Colorado
Winter Weather Favorites
Try something new while visiting the Rocky Mountains and experience all that the area has to offer! Whether you’re skiing or snowboarding at Winter Park Resort or want to try out another activity, you’ll find plenty of things to do in December, January, and February. Expect to see a lot of snow when you’re here!
- Snow tubing: Feel the wind in your hair as gravity propels you down our snowy mountains and inspires feelings of childhood nostalgia. It’s one of the best things to do in Winter Park, CO, in the winter!
- Snowmobiling: Experience the thrilling rush of snowmobiling through miles of trails and scenic views.
- Snowshoeing: Strap on some snowshoes and experience Winter Park at a slower pace with this local favorite outdoor activity.
- Skiing: It wouldn’t be Winter Park without skiing; put this classic activity on the top of your to-do list. Try the slopes at Winter Park Resort and Granby Ranch!
- Sleigh Rides: Go “dashing through the snow” on an old-fashioned sleigh ride to get in the spirit of this winter wonderland.
- Spa Treatments: Whether you want to devote your whole trip to relaxation or you just need a break from the excitement, take things down a notch with top-of-the-line local spa treatments.
Contrary to its name, Winter Park is not a one-season destination. In fact, many Colorado residents prefer to visit in the summertime for breathtaking scenery and smaller crowds. The mild weather also provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor fun. You can explore nearby hiking trails, practice yoga, or spend time on the water. Whatever you choose, we promise your summer getaway will be one for the books! Take a look at these fantastic things to do in Winter Park, CO, in July, August, and September.
- Hiking: When it comes to hiking, it doesn’t get much better than our local trails like Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Biking: For some fast-paced, heart-pumping action, go mountain biking and conquer the extensive trail system of Winter Park and Fraser Valley. Also, check out the annual Fraser Mountain Bike Festival!
- Paddle boarding: The water isn’t always frozen here; grab a paddleboard and go for a peaceful journey across serene lakes.
- Horseback Riding: Do you love animals and beautiful scenery? Get closer to both with horseback rides on mountain trails.
- Whitewater Rafting: Get a group together and conquer the waters of the Colorado River.
- Golf: Did you know that Grand County is 8,000 feet above sea level, which makes your ball fly 15% further? Up your game at local courses!
- Fishing: Find out about the best local guides who can provide quality equipment and show you the best spots in the area.
- Hot Air Ballooning: Get the best view available with hot air balloon rides—perfect for a romantic date!
After a full day of adventures, head to downtown Winter Park, CO, for a delicious meal. Cooper Creek Square is the gateway to Winter Park’s dining scene and is home to some of the best restaurants in the area. From Mexican dishes to stick-to-your-ribs BBQ, you won’t need to go far to satisfy your cravings. Here are a few top-notch eateries to get you started.
- Casa Mexico: Get a taste of Mexico with fresh ingredients in a warm atmosphere.
- Grapes & Grains: Sample some of the best local spirits including wine, whiskey, gin, and rum. Ask about their small food pairing options, too!
- Leo’s Kitchen: Enjoy classics like great pizza and juicy burgers at this popular place to eat in Winter Park, CO.
- Mountain Grind: Grab a quick coffee or snack from this coffeehouse and bistro that uses only organic ingredients from local sources.
- Smokin’ Moe’s: You’ll have trouble finding better barbecue than at Smokin’ Moes. We recommend their fall-off-the-bone ribs!
- New Hong Kong: Mix it up with delicious options from this Asian bistro. Check them out during lunchtime for great afternoon specials!
(For restaurants located outside of Cooper Creek Square, check out our Dining Guide.)
Experience It All With StayWinterPark
When it’s time to book your stay and experience all the things to do in Winter Park, Colorado, look no further than our fabulous vacation rentals. At StayWinterPark, we offer an extensive list of properties with top-notch accommodations in convenient locations. Our private homes, hotel rooms, condominiums, and townhomes have everything you need to relax and unwind. Plus, many are located near Winter Park Resort and are close to all the shopping, restaurants, and outdoor activities nearby. What’s better than that? Search for your ideal rental property and get started on the trip of a lifetime!